In a slight change to our usual schedule, I thought I’d write a quick update and release it outside the normal Tuesday and Saturday slots. I already spoke about some of the highlights from last year in my article “2022 – A Year in Review“, including costs and expenses. So in this article, I want to talk about how the Tabletop Games Blog itself performed in 2022, including the time I spent on it as well as how many visitors and views the blog got.
If you have ever wondered how long it takes me to write and record my articles and edit everything for release, as well as schedule all the relevant social media posts, here are some useful figures for you. I spent:
- nearly 98 hours writing 104 review and topic discussion articles,
- over 95 hours recording and editing the audio, uploading it all and scheduling the social media posts for those 104 articles and
- nearly 12 hours editing and publishing 6 “Let me illustrate” episodes.
That works out as over 205 hours or around 4 hours each and every week of the year. I currently work only 4 1/2 days a week at my day job, so I’m slightly short on the hours I need to spend on the blog. That’s not too bad though, but I’m thinking about reducing the hours at my job further.
The visitor and view statistics for the blog have gone up quite a bit when compared to 2021, which is great. I have put a lot of effort into making the site load more quickly and be more visible to search engines. So the effort seems to have paid off.
The top 5 posts (by views) for 2022 were:
- The Scientific Benefits of Tabletop Gaming (Topic Discussion) (which was a guest post by Laurie Trueblood of Adventures of Authenticity)
- Enough is enough – minimum board game review requirements (Topic Discussion)
- Top 5 Board Games of 2021 (Saturday Review)
- Slow death – player elimination in board games (Topic Discussion)
- A game about stuffing balloons as a team, without talking. But it’s a card game – there are no actual balloons (Saturday Review)
It’s really nice to see a guest post in that list and also that there is a mix of reviews and topic discussion articles.
The top 5 countries (by views) for 2022 were:
- United States
- European Union
- United Kingdom
France and Germany took places 6 and 7, so it’s nice to see that I reach an audience outside the traditional English-speaking locations.
Well, that’s it really. I just thought I’d add these little nuggets of information for completeness’ sake.
- 2022 – A Year in Review: https://tabletopgamesblog.
com/ 2022/ 12/ 31/ 2022-a-year-in-review-saturday-review/
Intro Music: Bomber (Sting) by Riot (https://www.